3 Easy Paneer Snacks You Will Love
Paneer is yum. Packed with protein and healthy fat, paneer is a pure delight for any vegetarian. But no one can resist a beautiful preparation of paneer, especially in an Autumn evening! Try them at your Sunday brunch parties or as evening snack parties and make your best cooking expertise nailed!
Paneer bread cheese roll
- Purabi paneer (*make it into 1 cup crumbled paneer)
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp powdered cumin / jeera
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- A small bunch of coriander, chopped fine
- 1 tsp tomato sauce / ketchup
- 4 slices of fresh white bread
- Butter to toast
- Salt to taste
- Place the crumbled paneer in a wide bowl.
- Add the red chilli powder, garam masala, salt, chopped coriander, chopped onion, and cumin to this.
- Mix lightly with your finger tips and add tomato sauce/ ketchup and ginger garlic paste.
- Blend again with finger tips and set aside while you prepare the bread.
- Remove the crusts from your bread and roll out each slice as thin as you can.
- Regular bread that's fresh and soft should be easy to roll out
- Place about 1 tsp or so of filling on one end of the rolled out bread slice.
- Gently roll in from one end, making sure that the filling stays well within the first turn of the roll.
- Repeat with the remaining bread slices.
- Lightly toast in a skillet or pan until all sides are browned.
- Cut and serve with tomato sauce.
Paneeer cheese bites
- 250 grams paneer
- Cheese slice
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- Red chilly flakes
- ¼ cup capsicum, finely chopped
- French beans, onion, carrot
- Salt for taste
- Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add chopped capsicum, french beans, onion, grated carrot and saute it on medium flame. Add salt, black pepper and mix it well. Cook for 4-5 minutes till the veggies become little soft. Set aside and let it cool down.
- Take ½ inch thick slice of Purabi paneer and cut the paneer to the size of your desirable cheese square.
- Put paneer squares in a bowl. Add ginger garlic paste, salt, black pepper, mixed Italian herbs, red chilly flakes and toss it lightly.
- Take one square of paneer and put one piece of cheese square onto it. Now spread the veg mixture and cover it with another piece of cheese square. Cover the cheese with another paneer square just like sandwich. Press it lightly. Sandwich paneer is ready. Repeat the same process for rest of the paneer squares.
- Take a deep bowl and put all purpose flour, cornflour, salt and make a thin batter by adding water.
- Take one Paneer cheese sandwich and dip it in a flour batter and roll over bread crumbs and coat it well. Repeat the same.
- The same way coat the entire Paneer cheese sandwich.
- Keep the sandwiches in the refrigerator and leave it to set for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in deep pan on medium high heat, and fry the sandwiches in batches utill golden brown.
- Take them out over a paper towel.
- Veg paneer cheese bites are ready to serve!
- Serve it with green chutney/ tomato ketchup/mayo dip
- 1 cup Purabi plain yogurt
- 200 gm of Purabi paneer, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon each turmeric, red chili, cumin and garam masala
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Mix drained yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, turmeric, chile powder, cumin, garam masala, and salt together in bowl. Add paneer, onion, and green bell pepper and mix well. Marinade for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Now start skewing the marinated paneer, onion, and bell pepper onto metal skewers.
- Grill until vegetables are soft and cheese is browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Brush with vegetable oil and grill for 1 minute more.
- Mix onion rings with green chutney and serve with skewers.