Have A Savoury Sunday with Dahi Vada
This popular north Indian favourite is a delectable snack of all time. The creamy tanginess of fresh curd along with spices over a salty vada and flavours of various spices makes it a happening companion of evening gatherings. Follow the easy recipe here to prepare this flavourfull snack for your loved one and make them come to your place over and over again!
- Dhuli urad dal (husked black gram): 1 cup (soaked 5-6 hours and ground to a paste)
- Oil: For frying
- 2 1/2 Cups Yogurt (beaten smooth)
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds (powdered), roasted
- 2 Tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Kali mirch
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Kala namak (black rock salt)
Chaat ka masala
Chopped Green chilies
Tamarind-juggery chutney (optional)
- Beat daal well to make it light and fluffy.
- Heat the oil. Shape the wadas and fry in hot oil, to a golden brown over medium heat.
- Lift out of the oil and put into a pan of salted water. Repeat this with the rest of the batter.
- Mix the salt, 1 tsp of the cumin, 1 Tbsp of the coriander leaves and black pepper into the curd and refrigerate atleast for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out the fried wadas and arrange them on a serving dish.
- Cover it with the flavoured curd and garnish with the rest of the cumin, coriander leaves, chilli powder, kala namak and chaat masala.
- You can prepare some tamarind-juggery chutney to garnish as well.
- Also you can garnish with freshly chopped onion, green chilies, and a little bit of sev (bhujiya) to enhance the taste.